Monday, November 10, 2014

Today when I got home from a meeting I became upset about dealing with Terry's actions.  I feel bad but my first instinct was to run out of the house.  Of course I did not do this.  I looked up Lewy Body Dementia on the internet once agaiand found this new web sight I had not seen before       http://www.brightfocus.org/alzheimers/brightfocus-insights/is-it-alzheimers-disease-or-dementia-with-lewy-bodies.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA4YGjBRDOxa3XvfTnvSASJACC3bLBgnHXfNIqlyrh5wLlSgxCiU0WmH0robYTzpWQEgD8ghoCIRfw_wcBn

My first thought was to post it to facebook with the tag - walk a mile in my shoes, then judge me.  I did not do that but I did read this article.  It is short and to the point and it does address some of my concerns but not all.  It is nice that is does address the caregiver.
Terry is not too far gone yet but I rue the day that I have to put my life on hold to be a full time caretaker. Is this disease something that could have been prevented?
This is going to be a long hard road and I thank God and my friends and family for all the support I get/ have gotten so far.
What does the future hold for us?  I wish I knew...........

No comments:

Post a Comment